Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Warm Welcome With Words of Whimsy

Greetings and Salutations fellow Comic-Con Attendees!

And a warm welcome to those who live vicariously through us lucky S.O.B.'s who get to go to the years biggest nerd event; San Diego Comic-Con. Since 1970 the world has let its fascination with Comic Books and their subsequent universes run wild via Comic-Con Internationals convention of what is to come in the years ahead and what everything that has happened really means.

I wont give you a History of The Con: Part 1, but I will say this; Comic-Con wasn't always the center of the nerd universe and the envy of geeks, freaks and Celebs. However, that doesn't change the fact that Comic-Con is now the place to be at the end of July if you want to know whats hot and whats coming up in Movies, Games, Television, Anime and of course, Comics.

This year will be my 2nd in attendance at Comic-Con. Once again I will be representing Kumoricon, an Anime Convention based in Oregon (currently being held in Vancouver, WA) as the Director of Publicity. My time will be spent schmoozing, hunting down swag and trying converse with the famous among my fandom. I'll also be attempting to get into some of the snazzy parties held after hours in the convention area... all while keeping you guys up-to-date on everything that is Comic-Con.

I have quite a unique perspective on convention life and etiquette, as a Director of a convention with about 5k attendees and growing, I see both sides of the coin. And while I may be Director of Publicity this year, last year I was the Director of Hotels (aka Facilities Liaison). My job was hunting down Hotel contracts and communicating with the venue to make sure everything ran smoothly at con. This year, I work on advertising swaps, promotions and publications! So take everything I say as being said by someone who know just enough about the industry to get her into heaps of trouble... okay?

Of course, if you have information, websites, data or news you think I'd like to know or share with the rest of the class - don't hesitate to message me about it! This should be a Blog for everyone who wants to get the most out of Comic-Con in San Diego!

No comments:

Post a Comment